All six drill holes intersected mineralization at shallow depths, with highlights that included:
- Gap A21-222: 1.04 g/t gold over 34.6 metres, together with 16.70 g/t gold over 1 metre;
- Gap A21-223: 1.22 g/t gold over 19 metres, together with 8.18 g/t gold over 1 metre, and seven.80 g/t gold over 1 metre;
- Gap A21-218: 3.80 g/t gold over 3 metres;
- Gap A21-219: 1.09 g/t gold over 13 metres, and 1.12 g/t gold over 8 metres;
- Gap A21-220: 1.00 g/t gold over 7 metres; and
- Gap A21-221: 1.03 g/t gold over 10.9 metres.
The corporate says the Goldfields undertaking hosts the Field and Athona deposits, each of which might be mined utilizing open pit strategies. The mixed indicated useful resource consists of 975,000 oz. of gold in 22.6 million tonnes averaging 1.34 g/t and an inferred useful resource containing 176,000 oz. of gold in 6 million tonnes averaging 0.92 g/t gold as of March 15. The property produced 64,000 oz. of gold between 1939 and 1942.
(This text first appeared within the Canadian Mining Journal)