Iamgold (TSX: IMG; NYSE: IAG) has launched the outcomes from this yr’s infill drilling program on the Diakha deposit at its wholly owned Diakha-Siribaya gold mission in western Mali. The mission covers a complete space of 596.5 sqkm alongside the borders with Senegal and Guinea.
Iamgold has accomplished drill holes totalling 19,952 metres of diamond drilling and reverse circulation (RC) drilling this yr. Highlights from diamond drilling embody:
- Gap SRD21-308: 20 metres grading 5.4 g/t gold, together with 1 metre at 69.34 g/t;
- Gap SRD21-303: 13 metres grading 11.2 g/t gold, together with 2 metres at 67.98 metres;
- Gap SRD21-305: 10 metres grading 11.7 g/t gold, together with 4 metres at 27.63 g/t; and
- Gap SRD21-284: 12 metres grading 9.32 g/t gold, together with 3 metres at 27.15 g/t gold.
The 2 finest RC holes returned the next:
- Gap SRD21-891: 16 metres grading 14 g/t gold, together with 3 metres at 41.95 g/t; and
- Gap SRD21-848: 11 metres grading 4.96 g/t gold, together with 1 metre at 39.98 g/t gold.
The Diakha deposit is the biggest found to date on the property. Utilizing a gold worth of $1,500 per oz., it comprises 15.9 million indicated tonnes grading 1.2 g/t gold for 615,300 oz. and 18.2 million inferred tonnes grading 1.62 g/t fold for 947,500 oz. of gold.
(This text first appeared within the Canadian Mining Journal)